ABOUT THE LATEST EDITION
This issue celebrates those strong-willed, untamed spirits out there disrupting what it means to do good business. We call it the business of activism. In late 2017 we met someone special by the name of Renee Sonya Taylor. She’s a brave and powerful woman who took a stand for something she believes in. That turned into a movement and that movement turned into a business.
Sonya’s work as a highly sought-after award-winning Performance Poet, activist, and transformational leader continues to have global reach. Sonya is a former National and International poetry slam champion, author of two books, including The Body is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love (Berrett-Koehler Feb 2018), educator and thought leader who has enlightened and inspired organizations, audiences and individuals from boardrooms to prisons, universities to homeless shelters, elementary schools to some of the biggest stages in the world.
Sonya’s work has been seen, heard, and read on HBO, BET, MTV, TV One, NPR, PBS, CNN, Oxygen Network, The New York Times, New York Magazine, MSNBC.com, Today.com, Huffington Post, USA Today, Vogue Australia, Shape.com, Ms. Magazine and many more. She is a regular collaborator and artist with organizations such as Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Advocates for Youth 1in3 Campaign, Association for Size Diversity and Health, Binge Eating Disorders Association (BEDA), Greater than AIDS Campaign, Yerba Buena Cultural Art Center and numerous others.
In this issue, you’ll learn:
- How to start and scale an activist business with Sonya Renee Taylor of The Body Is Not An Apology
- How to disrupt old education models with Gabi Geffen from The Maharishi Institute in South Africa
- Get insights on how to embrace technology changes in the 21st century
- Find your work bliss in Mexico City!
- Learn how to engage volunteers to have more social impact!
- How one company in Mexico City is using plastic water bottles to build family homes
And much, much more.